Whether this is your first home or you’re an experienced buyer this infographic points to 10 Red Flags to watch for when considering a purchase.
Be on the look out for:
- Potential Foundation or structural problems
- Insect and/or pest problems
- Random Fresh Paint
- Amateur Workmanship and Repairs
- Odours: Both Good and Bad
- Poor overall neighborhood condition
- Stains on walls and/or ceilings
- Electrical system issues
- Poor drainage or grading
Many of these issues may be hard to spot when first viewing a home, but most can be found by a reputable home inspector. Their services can be money well spent when making a purchase decision.